**My process for creating a customized leadership development solution**
1) Needs Assessment was completed individually to avoid group think (earlier post)
2) Emotional intelligence (EQ) and communication style assessments
3) 1:1 debriefs to establish rapport and build trust.
4) Strategy session (future post)
5) Trust workshop (future post)
DEEP DIVE: Personality/Communication Style and Emotional Intelligence assessments/debriefs and action plans
EQ and COMMUNICATION STYLE assessments identified fundamental leadership development opportunities for each leader.
RESULTS: revealed a very expressive communication style for one newly promoted leader. However, the EQ assessment showed this leader was not acting independently. Lack of independence can be a LEADERSHIP DERAILER.
ACTION: Instead of calling a colleague or supervisor to ask what to do, this leader committed to thinking through the problem and creating a plan first. After thinking through and creating a plan INDEPENDENTLY, she could seek feedback. The goal was to foster self-reliant problem solving and flex the “independence” muscle.